You will NOT want to miss this GREAT training for upper elementary, middle, & high school STEM-H educators! It offers training and resources designed to help you and your students identify, clarify, and address ethical challenges that frequently arise when designing, conducting, or reporting research...and applies to research done in the classroom as well as projects taken on by students outside of class.
Dr. Bill Gannon, Director of UNM's Responsible Conduct of Research Program, will facilitate this professional development opportunity.
Topics that may be highlighted include:
• appropriateness of the research design
• use of invasive vs. non-invasive research-specific procedures
• return of individual research results or incidental findings to participants
• inclusion or exclusion of vulnerable populations
• community-based research questions
• social/policy implications, plagiarism concerns, and ethical theory
All information will be geared to address middle and high school level research projects.
Click here for more information or to register